Primer Powder Coating
• Large amount of heat resistant zinc plating
is applied to the area to prevent long-term
rust and corrosion.
• Shows superior anti-corrosive power even
on already corroded metal surfaces and harsh
environments like high salinity.
• High-purity fine grained zinc particles
can be sprayed uniformly with excellent adhesion
and has the characteristic to prevent rust.
• Add anti-corrosive treatment before the
final finish to industrial equipment and machinery.
• For structures with concerns for corrosion
caused by salt, such as ships and shore protection
• Protection of welding, drilling, and cutting
sites and zinc plates
• Protection of car muffler and exhaust system
(How to use)
• Remove all rust, dust, oil and etc completely
is Zinc Primer Powder Coating!
1. Zinc-rich: concept of belonging to epoxy
zinc paint, it represents that mzc (metallic
zinc content) level is above certain level
2. Inorganic zinc: Inorganic zinc coating
is compatible with epoxies, phenolics, acrylics,
silicones, and many other coatings.
Zinc coating when applied to blasted steel
provides excellent corrosion protection, weathering
protection, and very
resistance to salt water and solvents.
3. Zinc rich primers are used to protect steel
surfaces from corrosion. Unlike regular paints
or epoxies which resist corrosio
forming an impermeable barrier between the
metal and atmospheric moisture, zinc rich
primers provide corrosion
by electrical means. The zinc and the steel
for a tiny electrical - cathodic cell that
protects the steel at the expense
the zinc. The zinc primer also provides a
little ‘barrier' protection as well.
4. Some types of zinc rich primers are used
as a stand alone coating, but often they are
topcoated with paint or epoxy (many
coating specifications call for a zinc primer,
epoxy intermediate coat and a urethane topcoat).
A zinc primer under
topcoat of epoxy or urethane paint provides
a backup or secondary method of protecting
the steel from corrosion.
Pre-treatment for casting for machine tool,
large forgings, steel fabrications pressings,
radiators, bends & valves, corner castings,
heat treatment products, manholes, shipping
products, panels, farming tools, transformers,
heavy construction products, etc.
For effective short work and painting various
castings, scale removal operation of strong
foreign substances attached to the surface
of cast steel and machine parts is implemented.
As an appropriate stage before painting, fully
remove dirt and surface roughness on the surface
to promoting stable adhesion to the smooth
?Sanding is used by sanding the surface with
a sand paper in order to achieve the goal
set for painting and the function is as followed.
1. Remove metal defects: a defect that occurs
when the body material is assembled, indentation,
tool marks, grinding marks,
paint, coating, etc can be identified with
the naked eye can cause paint defects. Therefore
sanding the defect removes
reduces the paint defect.
2. Remove paint defects: looking at the surface
after E.D, surface, many faulty marks can
be seen such as cratering, pin-hole,
oil, dirt, dust, and electrodeposition. Sanding
removes these faulty marks.
3. Gives smoothness to the film: when zoomed
in on the surface, slight bend is formed due
to the size of pigment particles in
and orange peel effect. Sanding gives the
coarse surface smooth film.
4. Improve adhesion between layers: sanding
gives smooth surface to a coarse area and
at the same time make fine
on the surface, increasing the surface area.
Therefore it improves interlayer adhesion.
1. To remove the oil and impurities on the
object, conduct 5 stage washer and pre bake
2. Depending on the object being painted,
conduct sandblasting and putty, sanding separately.
3. Conducting coating (epoxy, polyurethane,
polyester, and mixture)
4. Dry paint (check drying temperature and
5. After releasing from the bake oven, inspect
its state and conduct coating thickness test.
Pretreatment is important for if the surface
is oily or dirty, the paint will not adhere
correctly and rust, or peeling of paint can
Rough primer painting is used to prevent rust
and to increase adhesion. Various types of
paint can be selected depending on the type
The putty is attached to cover the welding
area and cracks in the connecting area to
smooth the surface. Use 500°C heat resistance
putty and after drying use water polishing
or sand polishing to finish the job.